Windsor Severance Fire Rescue, Station No. 4
Elder Construction was selected as the CM/GC for this project in August 2020. Because of Windsor’s community growth there was an increased demand for Windsor Severance Fire Rescue’s team; thus, creating a need for this new fire station. This 2-story, 16,094 square foot building is constructed of steel, masonry, and vertical composite siding.
Housing eight fire fighters, including an EMS team, the building consists of:
- 4 apparatus bays
- State-of-the-art training facilities
- 5-story training tower for indoor and exterior rappelling
- Underground close-quarters training tunnels
- Offices for fire fighter and emergency services
- Conference room
- Decontamination room
- Bunker gear storage area
- Fitness room
- Living facilities such as 8 bunk rooms, laundry room, kitchen, dining area, day room, and outdoor dining area
Ground Breaking Ceremony
June 6, 2021 – We celebrated the start of the Station No 4 project at a ground breaking ceremony with Windsor Severance Fire Rescue.
Topping Out Ceremony
June 23, 2022 – Our project team placed the final steel beam with signatures that will last a lifetime… and we’re partial to the red.
Dedication & Hose Uncoupling Ceremony
September 11, 2022 was a special day with a great client, Windsor Severance Fire Rescue. It was a pleasure to hand over the keys to their shiny new home, Station No 4, and celebrate with them at their dedication ceremony.