Project ManagerThe Project Manager is Elder Construction’s person responsible for leading a project from its buyout to execution. This includes planning, execution and managing the people, resources and scope of the project. They work as a team with the Preconstruction Manager and Project Superintendent to deliver successful projects to our clients.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Project Manager’s position is responsible for planning, directing, and coordinating all construction related activities on a designated project, to ensure goals of the project are accomplished within the prescribed time frame and funding parameters, by performing the following duties.
- Responsible for Project finances.
- Work with project superintendent to maintain project budget, schedule, job-site safety and project quality.
- Study and understand project drawings, specifications, subcontract agreements and purchase orders.
- Responsible for writing subcontracts and purchase orders.
- Solicit, review and expedite submittals.
- Review and expedite RFI’s for approval and processing.
- Manage the change order process: review changes, obtain pricing, and gain approvals.
- Understand and support jobsite safety requirements.
- Prepare As-Built drawings and specifications. Coordinate with Superintendent to ensure Field drawings/specifications up-to-date.
- Responsible for job set-up, project meetings, safety, record-keeping and quality control.
- Responsible for project closeout.
- Strong technology skills: Proficient in MS Office and various systems.
- Experience with project accounting software.
- Strong leadership, conflict management and communication skills (verbal and written) - able to build rapport and negotiate skillfully.
- Strong organizational and planning skills -able to effectively allocate and develop resources.
- Result-focused - able to effectively delegate and follow-up.
- Professional, dependable, and ethical.
- The ability to work as part of a team.
- Project Managers will need to be able to manage multiple projects ranging in contract values from $500,000 to $5,000,000.
- Degree in Engineering, Construction Management or equivalent field.
- Three to five years of experience as a project manager for a commercial general contractor.
- Dependable, result-focused and ethical.
- Verifiable work references and a strong work history reflecting strong communication skills.
- Successful completion of post-offer background, drug, and MVR screenings.
OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU
We will treat you like a valued part of OUR team. We will clearly communicate OUR expectations. We will hold you accountable to those expectations. We will compensate you fairly for what you do. We will work with you to meet your goals! OUR Goal – Create the best place to work in Colorado!
If this sounds like a place you would enjoy being and you think you have what it takes to be part of OUR team, please submit your resume and cover letter by clicking on the Apply Online Button