EstimatorThe estimator position is responsible for assisting the Preconstruction team in development of a range of client estimates beginning at the conceptual level through final construction documents. Our estimators work with the entire team to provide accurate cost information that allows our owners and design team to make timely and well-informed decisions.
- Performs accurate, thorough and timely quantity takeoffs.
- Prepares and distributes project bid documents to subcontractors.
- Prepares bidding documents and detailed instructions to trade bidders.
- Obtains clarification on plans and specifications from architects and engineers when necessary, and manages distribution of information to project team.
- Attends project site pre-bid meetings, site tours, and post-bid interview.
- Analyzes subcontractor and vendor pricing and prepares detailed bid cards.
- Develops and maintains accurate unit costs historical data base.
- Assists in preparing detailed estimates as the design evolves, including preparing variance summaries between estimates.
- Assists in preparing comprehensive cost proposals containing concise clarifications and assumptions.
- Assists in preparing and presenting budget presentations to owners and architects.
- Manages multiple projects concurrently with ability to multitask.
- Becomes proficient in all computer software programs used in preconstruction with particular emphasis on estimating software (e.g. ProContractor, On-Screen Takeoff (OST), and іSqFt).
- Builds effective relationships with customers, design team, subcontractors, suppliers, and user groups that reflect and support company core values. Meets and exceeds the customer’s expectations.
- Constantly strives to improve capabilities, performance and expands knowledge of construction technologies.
- Strong technology skills: Proficient in MS Office and various systems.
- Experience with project accounting software.
- Strong leadership, conflict management and communication skills (verbal and written) - able to build rapport and negotiate skillfully.
- Strong organizational and planning skills -able to effectively allocate and develop resources.
- Result-focused - able to effectively delegate and follow-up.
- Professional, dependable, and ethical.
- The ability to work as part of a team.
- Degree in Engineering, Construction Management or equivalent field preferred with 1-3 years construction, estimating, project management or equivalent work experience.
- Verifiable work references and a soild work history reflecting strong communication skills.
- Successful completion of post-offer background, drug, and MVR screenings.
OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU:
- We will treat you like a valued part of OUR team. We will clearly communicate OUR expectations. We will hold you accountable to those expectations. We will compensate you fairly for what you do. We will work with you to meet your goals! OUR Goal – Create the best place to work in Colorado!
- If this sounds like a place you would enjoy being and you think you have what it takes to be part of OUR team, please submit your resume and cover letter by clicking on the Apply Online Button.