2020 BBB Torch Awards for Ethics
BBB Torch Awards for Ethics, a program of the BBB Foundation, recognizes organizations that demonstrate exemplary ethics as evaluated by the Six TRUST! Principles. Peers, colleagues, and customers nominate businesses and nonprofits for the award and Ethics Scholar Interns at the University of Northern Colorado, Colorado State University and the University of Wyoming prepare entries. An independent panel of judges selects the winners.
Elder Construction was founded in 1994, by Tom Elder with a passion to deliver meaningful projects to Colorado communities. In 2009 Tom’s twin sons, Chris and Patrick, along with their childhood friend, Austin Dodder, transitioned as the leadership team of Elder Construction. Focused on creating a culture of trust, Elder’s executive team communicates the company’s 6 core values throughout everything they do. These 6 core values consist of:
- Servant Leadership – serve others first
- G.R.I.T. – guts / resolve / integrity / toughness
- Constantly Curious – what if we did it differently?
- Team Player – humble / hungry / smart
- Finding Balance – finding everyone’s individual family – work – life balance
- Results Driven – start with the end in mind
“These core values lay the foundation of decision making – empowering the team to be confident in making decisions based on doing the right thing every time.” –Christopher Elder, President